Must Read HOW TO PLAY BASKETBALL: IMPORTANT RULES TO REMEMBER
The basketball sport may have rules that are peculiar to different levels of play, and the location of the sport. That is, basketball played at professional level has slightly different rules from the basketball sport at college college. USA also has it’s rules for a professional basketball sport, which differs from the international basketball game.
Either ways, every basketball game has two teams competing against each other and the winning team is the team that makes the most points. Three easy ways to know when a team has earned more points are,
- If a player gets a successful shot from outside the three points line, his team gets three points.
- If the shot is from inside the three points line, his team gets two points.
- When a team gets a technical foul, they may be allowed two or three free shots. For each shot they get one point.
Rules of Basketball Sport
These are basic rules of basketball that can be applied to every level of play and location.
- The winning team must have scored more field goal shots. That is shots from inside or outside the three point line
- The basketball ball may travel the court either through passing or dribbling. When a player stops dribbling (that is by putting two hands around the ball), he must not resume again but pass the ball to another player.
- Players can be substituted at any time
- Violation of rules may lead to a technical foul
- Unauthorized contact result in personal foul
- Players are not allowed to fist or kick the ball
- When one team earns a point, the other takes possession of the ball when it gets back in court.
Every player, regardless of his position is bound by the basketball rules.